2.06.2010

American Slang

One of my favorite things is collecting American slang. When I hung out with American friends for the first time, I was really shocked because I could not understand what they said at all. It means that they often used a lot of American slang.

Basically, Japanese English education focuses on only grammar, reading and writing. Therefore even though we have been studying English for more than 5 years in a class, it is really difficult for us to speak English and listen to them.

Fortunately I was lucky enough to make good American friends in a class so talking with them is the good opportunity for me to learn American slang.

For example, they told me " what the hell, what the heck, chilin, don't B.S. me!, go play in traffic, forget about it, pot calling the kettle black, fixin too, damn it, dong it, crap, it's driving me nuts, sup?, is that cool?, I don't give a hoot, peace out, hell nah and so on".

What is your favorite slang? Do you have any idea?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿